Thursday, 6 December 2007

A day of kindness

People from our client's office helped me a lot today. One of them lend her email account so that I can send some urgent information to the help desk. Another one helped me by giving directions on finding a nearby bus terminal where I can buy tickets going to Kuala Lumpur.


People at Tai Hwa Pork Noodle seem to recognize me already, being a patron or "suki" of their minced meat noodle, they're giving me large portions now.


It's been raining all day and I forgot to bring an umbrella. Luckily, an old man offered to share his umbrella with me as we walk to the bus stop.


My manager commended me for a job well done, then she instructed me to assist my fellow teammate who's having a hard time in resolving some technical problems in our system. It's an urgent task, but she's not putting all the pressure on me. After an hour, my teammate and I came up with a solution, and we're about to check it out tomorrow morning. It's a team effort.


It's all in a day's work as usual, but I didn't had the feeling that I'm all used up. It's like this day has been full of positivities, regardless how little it may be.


At least, I have a reason not to utter that I'm tired of being kind.


No comments: